Pennsylvania State University and Emory University, respectively. This paper has benefited greatly from the constructive criticisms of William Beranek, Joseph Sinkey, and participants of the Pennsylvania State Finance Workshop. We are also grateful to Stephen Brown for his assistance in the statistical methodology.
The Effect of Voluntary Spin-off Announcements on Shareholder Wealth
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1983 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 38, Issue 5, pages 1597–1606, December 1983
How to Cite
MILES, J. A. and ROSENFELD, J. D. (1983), The Effect of Voluntary Spin-off Announcements on Shareholder Wealth. The Journal of Finance, 38: 1597–1606. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1983.tb03843.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!