Assistant Professor of Finance, Graduate School of Administration, University of California, Davis, California 95616. The author is grateful for comments and suggestions concerning earlier drafts from Ed Rice, Paul Malatesta, Alan Hess, Harry DeAngelo, Michael Brennan and an anonymous referee at the Journal of Finance.
Bankruptcy Risk and Optimal Capital Structure
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1983 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 38, Issue 5, pages 1617–1635, December 1983
How to Cite
CASTANIAS, R. (1983), Bankruptcy Risk and Optimal Capital Structure. The Journal of Finance, 38: 1617–1635. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1983.tb03845.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!