University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota, and Jostens, Inc., respectively. We wish to thank Kevin Hunter for his assistance in data collection and the participants in finance workshops at the University of North Carolina and the University of Missouri for their helpful comments on an earlier version of this paper. The authors have benefited from discussions on this topic with Timothy Nantell and John McConnell. This research was supported by a McKnight Research Grant from the School of Management of the University of Minnesota.
Investigating the Valuation Effects of Announcements of Voluntary Corporate Selloffs
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1984 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 39, Issue 2, pages 503–517, June 1984
How to Cite
ALEXANDER, G. J., BENSON, P. G. and KAMPMEYER, J. M. (1984), Investigating the Valuation Effects of Announcements of Voluntary Corporate Selloffs. The Journal of Finance, 39: 503–517. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1984.tb02323.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!