Department of Economics, University of Bristol, and Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration, University of British Columbia, respectively. This research was carried out while Ashton was a Killam Fellow in the Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration, University of British Columbia. The author would like to thank the Trustees of the Killam Awards for their support.
A Partial Theory of Takeover Bids
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1984 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 167–183, March 1984
How to Cite
ASHTON, D. J. and ATKINS, D. R. (1984), A Partial Theory of Takeover Bids. The Journal of Finance, 39: 167–183. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1984.tb03866.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!