Assistant Professor of Finance, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. This comment is based on Essay 2 of my Ph.D. dissertation at the University of Chicago. I am grateful to my committee, Merton Miller, Edward Prescott, and Lester Telser for their advice. Comments received from Harry DeAngelo, Wayne Ferson, Mark Flannery, Melanie Lau, Hans Stoll, and an anonymous referee have also been beneficial. The 1960s data have been generously provided by David Downes, who has also spent substantial time discussing the topic. An earlier version of this comment was circulated under the title “Insider Holdings and the Pricing of Initial Public Offerings.”
Signaling and the Valuation of Unseasoned New Issues: A Comment
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1984 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 39, Issue 4, pages 1231–1237, September 1984
How to Cite
RITTER, J. R. (1984), Signaling and the Valuation of Unseasoned New Issues: A Comment. The Journal of Finance, 39: 1231–1237. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1984.tb03907.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!