Both authors from London Business School. We would like to thank the executives of the institution which cooperated with us in this study, both for data collection and for helpful responses to earlier drafts. We benefitted from the insights of Dick Brealey, Michael Brennan, Ian Cooper, Evi Kaplanis, the Journal's referee, and participants at workshops held at the London Business School and at the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management, Brussels. We also received useful comments from participants at the 1984 Conference on New Challenges for Management Research, Leuven, Belgium and at the 1984 Meetings of the Eastern Finance Association, Orlando, Florida, European Finance Association, Manchester, England, and International Symposium on Forecasting, London, England.
An Analysis of Brokers' and Analysts' Unpublished Forecasts of UK Stock Returns
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1984 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 39, Issue 5, pages 1257–1292, December 1984
How to Cite
DIMSON, E. and MARSH, P. (1984), An Analysis of Brokers' and Analysts' Unpublished Forecasts of UK Stock Returns. The Journal of Finance, 39: 1257–1292. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1984.tb04907.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!