Ho and Schwartz are from Graduate School of Business Administration, New York University and Whitcomb is from Graduate School of Management, Rutgers University. This research has been supported in part by a grant from the New York Stock Exchange. A previous draft of this paper was presented at the Tel Aviv University/Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Conference, “Trading Mechanisms in Securities Exchanges: Toward the Era of Sophisticated Automation,” January 1984. We thank Thomas Copeland, Arie Melnik, Hans Stoll, and an anonymous referee for their helpful comments.
The Trading Decision and Market Clearing under Transaction Price Uncertainty
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1985 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 40, Issue 1, pages 21–42, March 1985
How to Cite
HO, T. S. Y., SCHWARTZ, R. A. and WHITCOMB, D. K. (1985), The Trading Decision and Market Clearing under Transaction Price Uncertainty. The Journal of Finance, 40: 21–42. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1985.tb04935.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!