Both authors are from the Faculty of Commerce, University of British Columbia. Robert Heinkel gratefully acknowledges the support of the Financial Research Foundation. We appreciate the helpful comments made by our colleagues at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of British Columbia, and University of Southern California where this paper was presented. We also thank Anjan Thakor for his comments.
Rights versus Underwritten Offerings: An Asymmetric Information Approach
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1986 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 1–18, March 1986
How to Cite
HEINKEL, R. and SCHWARTZ, E. S. (1986), Rights versus Underwritten Offerings: An Asymmetric Information Approach. The Journal of Finance, 41: 1–18. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1986.tb04488.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!