Graduate School of Business, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Graduate School of Business, New York University and University of Chicago, and Graduate School of Business, New York University, respectively. We are grateful for helpful comments from M. Brennan, J. Brander, G. Constantinides, T. Copeland, D. Diamond, E. Eckbo, G. Feltham, R. Giammarino, R. Heinkel, R. Jarrow, A. Kalay, M. Miller, R. Morck, M. Rozeff, S. Seth, M. Subrahmanyam, T. Tan, S. Titman, B. Trueman, S. Vishwanathan, and participants in seminars at Alberta, Austin, Buffalo, Chicago, Cornell, Duke, Florida, Harvard, Houston, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, NYU, Ohio State, Tennessee, UBC, UCLA, USC, Utah, Wisconsin, and the American and Western Finance Associations. Kose John acknowledges support from a Batterymarch Fellowship and an Entrepreneurial Institute Research Grant at NYU. The first draft of this paper was written while all authors were at NYU.
Efficient Signalling with Dividends and Investments
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1987 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 42, Issue 2, pages 321–343, June 1987
How to Cite
AMBARISH, R., JOHN, K. and WILLIAMS, J. (1987), Efficient Signalling with Dividends and Investments. The Journal of Finance, 42: 321–343. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1987.tb02570.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!