Ofer is from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management (KGSM), Northwestern University, and the Faculty of Management, Tel Aviv University, and Thakor is from the School of Business, Indiana University. We gratefully acknowledge the helpful comments of participants in the finance and microeconomics workshops at Indiana University, the North Carolina-Duke Finance Workshop, a finance seminar at State University of New York-Buffalo, a finance seminar at The University of Florida, the finance/accounting workshop at the Indian Institute of Management, The Western Finance Association meeting at Colorado Springs, and a finance seminar at New York University, as well as the helpful comments of an anonymous referee of this Journal, Kose John, David Nachman, George Kanatas, Lawrence Glosten, Avner Kalay, Marti Subrahmanyam, Joe Williams, and particularly Yuk-Shee Chan and Rob Heinkel. The usual disclaimer applies. This work was initiated while Thakor was visiting the KGSM at Northwestern University.
A Theory of Stock Price Responses to Alternative Corporate Cash Disbursement Methods: Stock Repurchases and Dividends
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1987 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 42, Issue 2, pages 365–394, June 1987
How to Cite
OFER, A. R. and THAKOR, A. V. (1987), A Theory of Stock Price Responses to Alternative Corporate Cash Disbursement Methods: Stock Repurchases and Dividends. The Journal of Finance, 42: 365–394. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1987.tb02572.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!