Ofer is from Northwestern University and Tel Aviv University. Siegel is from Northwestern University. We would like to thank Ken Eades, Larry Glosten, Milton Harris, Robert Heinkel, Robert Hodrick, Gur Huberman, Ravi Janannathan, Kose John, Robert Korajczyk, Shmuel Kandel, Bruce Lehmann, Thomas Lys, Robert McDonald, Pat O'Brien, Richard Ruback, and an anonymous referee, as well as the participants of the Finance Workshops at A.G.S.M., Berkeley, Chicago, Columbia, Duke/North Carolina, M.I.T., Northwestern, Oregon, U.S.C., Washington, and Wisconsin for their helpful comments. We would also like to thank the Banking Research Center at Northwestern and the Israeli Center for Research in Business for support for this work. The usual disclaimer applies.
Corporate Financial Policy, Information, and Market Expectations: An Empirical Investigation of Dividends
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1987 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 42, Issue 4, pages 889–911, September 1987
How to Cite
OFER, A. R. and SIEGEL, D. R. (1987), Corporate Financial Policy, Information, and Market Expectations: An Empirical Investigation of Dividends. The Journal of Finance, 42: 889–911. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1987.tb03918.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!