Lakonishok is from the Department of Finance, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and the Faculty of Management, Tel Aviv University. Lev is from the Schools of Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley, and the Faculty of Management, Tel Aviv University. The authors are deeply indebted to Avraham Beja, Hal Bierman, Laurence Booth, Gregory Connor, Paul Halpern, Avner Kalay, John Long, Franco Modigliani, Bob Merton, Stewart Myers, Stephen Penman, Artur Raviv, Mark Ready, Seymour Smidt, Asher Tishler, Jerry Zimmerman, and the referee, Jim Poterba, for their helpful comments and to Shlomo Simhon for his programming assistance. The paper was presented at Cornell University, University of Illinois, MIT, New York University, University of Rochester, Stanford University, Tel Aviv University, University of Toronto, and American Finance Association Meetings. The financial support of the Israel Institute of Business Research is gratefully acknowledged.
Stock Splits and Stock Dividends: Why, Who, and When
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1987 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 42, Issue 4, pages 913–932, September 1987
How to Cite
LAKONISHOK, J. and LEV, B. (1987), Stock Splits and Stock Dividends: Why, Who, and When. The Journal of Finance, 42: 913–932. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1987.tb03919.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!