Faculty of Management Studies, University of Toronto, and School of Business, Indiana University, respectively. Research on this paper was initiated while Thakor was visiting the J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University. The helpful comments of KGSM faculty are acknowledged. Special thanks are due to an anonymous referee, whose comments have greatly improved the paper.
Private versus Public Ownership: Investment, Ownership Distribution, and Optimality
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1988 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 43, Issue 1, pages 41–59, March 1988
How to Cite
SHAH, S. and THAKOR, A. V. (1988), Private versus Public Ownership: Investment, Ownership Distribution, and Optimality. The Journal of Finance, 43: 41–59. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1988.tb02587.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!