School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, and Department of Economics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, respectively. Part of the work on this paper was completed while Rogoff was on leave as a national fellow of the Hoover Institution. The authors acknowledge with gratitude the support of the National Science Foundation, the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, and the Berkeley Institute for Business and Economic Research. Joe Mattey assisted with the calculations. Valuable comments by Andy Rose and an unknown referee are gratefully acknowledged. The authors are solely responsible for any errors.
Was It Real? The Exchange Rate-Interest Differential Relation over the Modern Floating-Rate Period
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1988 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 43, Issue 4, pages 933–948, September 1988
How to Cite
MEESE, R. and ROGOFP, K. (1988), Was It Real? The Exchange Rate-Interest Differential Relation over the Modern Floating-Rate Period. The Journal of Finance, 43: 933–948. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1988.tb02613.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!