School of Business and Department of Statistics, University of Wisconsin-Madison. An earlier version of this paper has been presented at Boston University, Columbia University, Merrill Lynch, Northwestern University, Purdue University, Southern Methodist University, University of California-Riverside, University of Illinois, University of Southern California, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Vanderbilt University, the Actuarial Research Conference in Toronto, the European Finance Association Meetings in Madrid, and the American Finance Association Meetings in Chicago. We would like to thank participants of these workshops. We also would like to thank Lillyn Teh for her computational assistance.
Estimating the Volatility of Discrete Stock Prices
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1988 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 43, Issue 2, pages 451–466, June 1988
How to Cite
CHO, D. C. and FREES, E. W. (1988), Estimating the Volatility of Discrete Stock Prices. The Journal of Finance, 43: 451–466. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1988.tb03949.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!