Faculty of Business, University of Alberta. Currently with the Capital Markets Group, Chemical Bank. This paper builds on a part of my Ph.D. thesis at the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago (1984). I would like to thank Eugene Fama, Arnold Zellner and other members of my thesis committee, Gordon Sick, Giovanni Barone-Adesi, and anonymous referees for their comments at various stages of this research. Computer support from the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, and the Faculty of Business, University of Alberta, is gratefully acknowledged.
Debt/Equity Ratio and Expected Common Stock Returns: Empirical Evidence
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1988 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 43, Issue 2, pages 507–528, June 1988
How to Cite
BHANDARI, L. C. (1988), Debt/Equity Ratio and Expected Common Stock Returns: Empirical Evidence. The Journal of Finance, 43: 507–528. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1988.tb03952.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!