The author is Professor of Economics and Transamerica Professor of Corporate Strategy at the University of California, Berkeley. The paper was written while the author was a Visiting Professor at Indiana University in the fall of 1987. As described in footnote 16, below, the “project-financing” approach to corporate finance was first set out in 1986
Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1988 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 43, Issue 3, pages 567–591, July 1988
How to Cite
WILLIAMSON, O. E. (1988), Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance. The Journal of Finance, 43: 567–591. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1988.tb04592.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!