Chari, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis; Jagannathan, J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, and University of Minnesota. The authors are deeply indebted to Larry E. Jones. We also wish to thank the seminar participants at Northwestern University, the University of Chicago, and the Twentieth Annual Conference of the Western Finance Association, where earlier versions of this paper were presented. Chari's research was supported by the Banking Research Center, Northwestern University. Jagannathan's research was supported by a grant from the McKnight foundation to the University of Minnesota. The views expressed herein are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis or the Federal Reserve System
Banking Panics, Information, and Rational Expectations Equilibrium
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1988 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 43, Issue 3, pages 749–761, July 1988
How to Cite
CHARI, V. V. and JAGANNATHAN, R. (1988), Banking Panics, Information, and Rational Expectations Equilibrium. The Journal of Finance, 43: 749–761. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1988.tb04606.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!