Edwin L. Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University and Department of Finance, San Diego State University, respectively. We would like to thank Chel Murphy, Debby Overby, and Manisha Varaiya for excellent research assistance. This paper has benefited from presentations at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, Southern Methodist University, and the Emory University-Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta Workshop on Money, Banking and Finance. We would like to thank René Stulz, the editor, and an anonymous referee for helpful comments. We are responsible for remaining errors. Research grants were provided by the Research and Development Council and the Center for the Study of Financial Institutions and Markets at the Edwin L. Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University.
The Winner's Curse and Bidder Competition in Acquisitions: Evidence from Failed Bank Auctions
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1989 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 44, Issue 1, pages 59–75, March 1989
How to Cite
GILIBERTO, S. M. and VARAIYA, N. P. (1989), The Winner's Curse and Bidder Competition in Acquisitions: Evidence from Failed Bank Auctions. The Journal of Finance, 44: 59–75. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1989.tb02404.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!