M. N. Gultekin is from Graduate School of Business Administration, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; N. B. Gultekin is from Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and is Chief Advisor to the Prime Minister of the Republic of Turkey; Penati is Director of Research, Akros, S.P.A. This work was completed while N. B. Gultekin was at the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey and Penati was at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. The views expressed here are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Prime Ministry, the Central Bank, or Akros, S.P.A. We thank Bernard Dumas, Bob Litzenberger, Craig MacKinlay, Jennifer Conrad, Bob Harris, Naoki Kishimoto, the editor René Stulz, and an anonymous referee of the Journal for many useful suggestions, and David Ellis and Lisa Zingaro for valuable research assistance. We are grateful to the University of Pennsylvania Research Fund for its generous financial support and especially to Nomura Research Institute for providing us with the Japanese stock returns. M. N. Gultekin acknowledges a research grant from the Graduate School of Business Administration, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Capital Controls and International Capital Market Segmentation: The Evidence from the Japanese and American Stock Markets
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1989 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 44, Issue 4, pages 849–869, September 1989
How to Cite
GULTEKIN, M. N., GULTEKIN, N. B. and PENATI, A. (1989), Capital Controls and International Capital Market Segmentation: The Evidence from the Japanese and American Stock Markets. The Journal of Finance, 44: 849–869. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1989.tb02627.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!