Yamaichi Faculty Fellow, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University. I wish to acknowledge helpful comments of Michael Brennan, Gary Chamberlain, Dolores Conway, Phil Dybvig, Ned Elton, David Fowler, Jon Ingersoll, Shmuel Kandel, Steve Ross, Mike Rothschild, Ravi Shukla, Charles Trzcinka, and especially Jay Shanken, David Mayers (the co-editor), and the referee, as well as the participants of the Empirical Research in the Arbitrage Pricing Theory conference held at the University of Southern California, November 1985. I do not implicate any of these people in the errors that remain.
The Number of Factors in Security Returns
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1989 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 44, Issue 5, pages 1247–1262, December 1989
How to Cite
BROWN, S. J. (1989), The Number of Factors in Security Returns. The Journal of Finance, 44: 1247–1262. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1989.tb02652.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!