Finance Department, School of Business, Indiana University. This paper forms part of my Ph.D. dissertation written at the University of California, Berkeley. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 1986 AFA meetings. I would like to thank Greg Connor, Roy Henriksson, James Hoag, Tee Lim, Michael Parkinson, Bruce Resnick, Ehud Ronn, Mark Rubinstein, Anand Vijh, Gautam Vora, and the referees for helpful comments and advice. Research support from the University of California and the Berkeley Program in Finance is gratefully acknowledged.
Stock Splits, Volatility Increases, and Implied Volatilities
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1989 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 44, Issue 5, pages 1361–1372, December 1989
How to Cite
SHEIKH, A. M. (1989), Stock Splits, Volatility Increases, and Implied Volatilities. The Journal of Finance, 44: 1361–1372. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1989.tb02658.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!