School of Business, University of Chicago. I am grateful for the support and encouragement of Randolph Beatty, Sandra Chamberlain, Jennifer Dropkin, Robert Gertner, Milton Harris, Mark Lang, Albert Madansky, Peter Pashigian, John Persons, Jay Sankaran, Robert Vishny, the participants of the Workshop of Economics and Econometrics at the University of Chicago, René Stulz (the editor), and Jay Ritter (the referee). I would also like to thank Jay Ritter and Hyuk Choe for permitting me access to their data bases. All remaining errors are my responsibility alone.
Seasoned Offerings, Imitation Costs, and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1989 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 44, Issue 2, pages 421–449, June 1989
How to Cite
WELCH, I. (1989), Seasoned Offerings, Imitation Costs, and the Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings. The Journal of Finance, 44: 421–449. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1989.tb05064.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!