M. J. Brennan is an Irwin and Goldyne Hearsh Professor of Banking and Finance, University of California, Los Angeles. A. V. Thakor is a Professor of Finance, Indiana University. We are grateful to Arnoud Boot, Phil Dybvig, David Hirshleifer, Alan Kraus, Milt Harris, René Stulz, Sheridan Titman, two anonymous referees, and seminar participants at Duke University, Indiana University, London Business School, Northwestern University, the University of Missouri-Columbia, and the University of British Columbia and the European Finance Association meeting in Stockholm for helpful comments on an earlier draft.
Shareholder Preferences and Dividend Policy
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1990 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 4, pages 993–1018, September 1990
How to Cite
BRENNAN, M. J. and THAKOR, A. V. (1990), Shareholder Preferences and Dividend Policy. The Journal of Finance, 45: 993–1018. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb02424.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!