College of Business Administration, Iowa State University and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Division of Economic Analysis, respectively. Dr. Manaster was at the University of Utah during the conduct of most of this research. The views expressed are solely those of the authors and do not purport to represent those of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission or its staff. We would like to acknowledge the useful comments of our colleagues Sanjai Bhagat, Jeff Coles, Dick Jefferis, Uri Lowenstein, and Jay Ritter. Our interactions with Dick Jefferis in particular helped to identify and clarify several critical issues. We would also like to thank Jay Ritter for the provision of data. Support from the University of Utah Graduate School of Business, the Garn Institute of Finance, and Iowa State University is gratefully acknowledged. Substantial technical assistance was provided by Denise Woodbury. We would also like to thank the staff at the Chicago Library of Arthur Andersen and Company for their assistance. We alone are responsible for any errors or omissions.
Initial Public Offerings and Underwriter Reputation
Article first published online: 6 MAR 2013
1990 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 4, pages 1045–1067, September 1990
How to Cite
CARTER, R. and MANASTER, S. (1990), Initial Public Offerings and Underwriter Reputation. The Journal of Finance, 45: 1045–1067. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb02426_2.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 6 MAR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!