R. L. B. Le Compte is from the W. Frank Barton School of Business, Wichita State University. S. D. Smith is from the College of Management, Georgia Institute of Technology, and is a visiting scholar at the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta. We would like to thank David B. Humphrey, Yea-Mow Chen, Stephen G. Timme, an anonymous reviewer, and participants at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta workshop for their helpful comments on earlier versions of the paper. The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta. Any errors or ambiguities are, as usual, our responsibility.
Changes in the Cost of Intermediation: The Case of Savings and Loans
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1990 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 4, pages 1337–1346, September 1990
How to Cite
COMPTE, R. L. B. L. and SMITH, S. D. (1990), Changes in the Cost of Intermediation: The Case of Savings and Loans. The Journal of Finance, 45: 1337–1346. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb02443.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!