Both authors from School of Business Administration, The University of Michigan. We appreciate the helpful comments and suggestions by Robert Barsky, Sudipto Bhattacharya, Michael Bradley, Jennifer Conrad, Tom George, Pierre Hillion, Naveen Khanna, E. Han Kim, Robert King, John McConnell, Gregory Niehaus, Charles Plosser, Paul Richardson, Jay Ritter, Allen Spivey, and the finance workshop participants at The University of Michigan. Comments and suggestions by René Stulz and an anonymous referee were particularly helpful in sharpening the focus of the paper. We would also like to thank Patti Lamparter for preparing the manuscript. Earlier versions of this paper were presented at the Western Finance Association (Napa) and the European Finance Association (Istanbul) Meetings in June and September, 1988, respectively. Partial financial support for this paper was provided by the School of Business Administration, The University of Michigan.
Relative Price Variability, Real Shocks, and the Stock Market
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1990 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 2, pages 479–496, June 1990
How to Cite
KAUL, G. and SEYHUN, H. N. (1990), Relative Price Variability, Real Shocks, and the Stock Market. The Journal of Finance, 45: 479–496. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb03699.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!