Saunders is Professor of Finance, Graduate Business School, New York University and Research Advisor, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. Strock and Travlos are Assistant Professors of Finance, Wallace E. Carroll School of Management, Boston College. The authors would like to thank Linda Allen, Yakov Amihud, George Aragon, Mitch Berlin, James Brickley, Chris James, Lucille Mayne, Loretta Mester, John G. Preston, Steve Raymar, Ithzak Swary, Greg Udell, and Jerry Viscione and would like to acknowledge the helpful comments of two anonymous referees. This study was completed while Strock was the recipient of a Boston College Research Fellowship. Saunders would like to acknowledge financial support provided by a Salomon Brothers Fellowship, a Bank and Financial Analysts Fellowship, and a Senior Yamaichi Research Fellowship. Travlos acknowledges financial support from the Boston College Research Council. The research assistance of Avi Peled and Jean Lee is gratefully appreciated.
Ownership Structure, Deregulation, and Bank Risk Taking
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1990 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 2, pages 643–654, June 1990
How to Cite
SAUNDERS, A., STROCK, E. and TRAVLOS, N. G. (1990), Ownership Structure, Deregulation, and Bank Risk Taking. The Journal of Finance, 45: 643–654. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb03709.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!