University of Michigan. Helpful comments from V. Bernard, M. Bradley, T. George, S. Kon, J. Martin, D. Mayers, M. Miller, M. Mitchell, G. Niehaus, J. Ritter, R. Stulz, S. Tinic, R. Vishny, participants at faculty workshops at Michigan and Texas, and two anonymous referees are gratefully appreciated. Conversations with H. DeAngelo were especially helpful in sharpening the focus of the paper. B. Bradley and K. Hulik provided editorial assistance. This research was partially completed while the author was visiting the University of Chicago, Graduate School of Business, and was supported by a University of Chicago summer research grant.
Overreaction or Fundamentals: Some Lessons from Insiders' Response to the Market Crash of 1987
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1990 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 5, pages 1363–1388, December 1990
How to Cite
SEYHUN, H. N. (1990), Overreaction or Fundamentals: Some Lessons from Insiders' Response to the Market Crash of 1987. The Journal of Finance, 45: 1363–1388. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb03719.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!