Department of Economics and Finance, Baruch College, C.U.N.Y. I would like to thank Terry Marsh whose close reading led to numerous improvements and clarifications. I would also like to thank Michael Rozeff, Richard Roll, Josef Lakonishok, and a referee of this Journal for their helpful suggestions on earlier drafts, and Jang-Shee Lin for computational assistance.
High Stock Returns before Holidays: Existence and Evidence on Possible Causes
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1990 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 5, pages 1611–1626, December 1990
How to Cite
ARIEL, R. A. (1990), High Stock Returns before Holidays: Existence and Evidence on Possible Causes. The Journal of Finance, 45: 1611–1626. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb03731.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!