Fuqua School of Business, Duke University; Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago. The authors thank John Cochrane, Wayne Ferson, Ed George, Milton Harris, John Huizinga, Laurentius Marais, Richard Roll, Peter Rossi, Michael Salinger, William Schwert, Andrei Schleifer, and Lester Telser for helpful discussion.
Margin Regulation and Stock Market Volatility
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1990 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 3–29, March 1990
How to Cite
HSIEH, D. A. and MILLER, M. H. (1990), Margin Regulation and Stock Market Volatility. The Journal of Finance, 45: 3–29. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb05078.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!