University of Alberta, University of Chicago, and University of Chicago, respectively. We are indebted for comments to Steve Kaplan, Wayne Marr, Wayne Mikkelson, Sam Peltzman, Rene Stulz and an anonymous referee and for financial support to the Russell Sage Foundation, the Center for the Study of the Economy and the State, the National Center for Management Research and Development, the William S. Fishman and the Dimensional Fund Advisers Faculty Research Funds at the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
Do Managerial Objectives Drive Bad Acquisitions?
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1990 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 31–48, March 1990
How to Cite
MORCK, R., SHLEIFER, A. and VISHNY, R. W. (1990), Do Managerial Objectives Drive Bad Acquisitions?. The Journal of Finance, 45: 31–48. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb05079.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!