Both authors from Finance Department, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. A previous version of this paper was entitled “Transactions Contracts.” The comments and suggestions of Mark Flannery, Jeff Lacker, Chris James, Dick Jefferis, Bruce Smith, Chester Spatt, an anonymous referee, members of the University of Pennsylvania Macro Lunch Group, especially Randy Wright and Henning Bohn, and participants in the 1988 NBER Summer Institute, the 1988 Garn Institute Conference on Federal Deposit Insurance and the Structure of Financial Markets, the 1988 Winter Econometric Society Meetings, and the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond were greatly appreciated. The first author thanks the NSF for financial support through #SES-8618130. Errors remain the authors'.
Financial Intermediaries and Liquidity Creation
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1990 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 49–71, March 1990
How to Cite
GORTON, G. and PENNACCHI, G. (1990), Financial Intermediaries and Liquidity Creation. The Journal of Finance, 45: 49–71. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb05080.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!