Cornett is an Assistant Professor in the Finance Department, School of Business, Southern Methodist University. Tehranian is a Professor in the Finance Department, School of Management, Boston College. The authors wish to thank Sankar De, Thomas Downs, Lucy Reuben and William Wilhelm for comments. We also thank the editor, Stephen A. Buser and an anonymous referee for helpful and stimulating comments. An earlier version of the paper was presented at the 1988 Annual FMA Meetings. The first author acknowledged financial support from the Women's Financial Series at Southern Methodist University. Finally, thanks are due to Afarin Sadr and Naveed Esmaiel for their research assistance.
An Examination of the Impact of the Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act of 1982 on Commercial Banks and Savings and Loans
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1990 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 95–111, March 1990
How to Cite
CORNETT, M. M. and TEHRANIAN, H. (1990), An Examination of the Impact of the Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act of 1982 on Commercial Banks and Savings and Loans. The Journal of Finance, 45: 95–111. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb05082.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!