Graduate School of Business, Stanford University and The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, respectively. We appreciate the helpful comments of Stan Baiman, Michael Brennan, Stephen Brown, George Foster, Mike Gibbons, Allan Kleidon, Mort Pincus, Peter Reiss, Katherine Schipper, Ken Singleton, Eric Terry, Rex Thompson, Sheridan Titman, Brett Trueman, and Peter Wilson. We are grateful to Mark Grinblatt, Ron Masulis, and Sheridan Titman for providing us with their data set of stock splits and dividends. Maureen McNichols also gratefully acknowledges the support of the Stanford Business School Trust.
Stock Dividends, Stock Splits, and Signaling
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1990 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 45, Issue 3, pages 857–879, July 1990
How to Cite
MCNICHOLS, M. and DRAVID, A. (1990), Stock Dividends, Stock Splits, and Signaling. The Journal of Finance, 45: 857–879. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1990.tb05109.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!