Estrella is Assistant Vice President, Banking Studies and Analysis, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, New York, NY 10045. Hardouvelis is Associate Professor of Finance, School of Business, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, and a Research Adviser at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. We would like to thank John Campbell, Campbell Harvey, two anonymous referees, the co-editor David Mayers, the seminar participants at Rutgers, at the Federal Reserve System meeting of April 1989, and at the American Economic Association meetings of December 1990 for useful comments, and, for research assistance, James Chow. The views expressed in this article are our own and do not reflect those of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York or the Federal Reserve System.
The Term Structure as a Predictor of Real Economic Activity
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1991 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 46, Issue 2, pages 555–576, June 1991
How to Cite
ESTRELLA, A. and HARDOUVELIS, G. A. (1991), The Term Structure as a Predictor of Real Economic Activity. The Journal of Finance, 46: 555–576. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1991.tb02674.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!