Universität Bern (Switzerland) and Purdue University, Washington State University, and Merrill Lynch, respectively. Much of the work was completed while Cooney and Van Drunen were at the University of Utah. We have benefited from detailed reports by an anonymous referee for this journal, from suggestions by the editor René Stulz and from discussions with J. Brickley, K. French, L. Harris, A. Hess, A. Kalay, S. Kandel, J. McConnell, and D. Sheehan, as well as from the comments of S. Bhagat, B. Kracaw, D. Mauer, S. Mian, W. Mikkelson, M. Reinganum, and participants in seminars at Purdue University, the University of Utah, the University of Wisconsin, the 1986 European Finance Association Meetings, and the 1987 Western Finance Association Meetings. H. Stoll and R.A. Clark generously gave us data on the bid-ask spread. We thank Dave Van Drunen and Dave Zylstra for their careful research assistance and Lynch, Jones & Ryan for providing us with the Institutional Brokers Estimate System data.
The Price Elasticity of Demand for Common Stock
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1991 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 46, Issue 2, pages 621–651, June 1991
How to Cite
LODERER, C., COONEY, J. W. and VAN DRUNEN, L. D. (1991), The Price Elasticity of Demand for Common Stock. The Journal of Finance, 46: 621–651. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1991.tb02677.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!