Lee is Assistant Professor of Accounting at the School of Business, University of Michigan. Shleifer is Professor of Economics at Harvard University. Thaler is the Henrietta Johnson Louis Professor of Economics at the Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University. We would like to acknowledge helpful comments from Greg Brauer, Eugene Fama, Ken French, Raymond Kan, Merton H. Miller, Sam Peltzman, Mark Ready, Sy Smidt, René Stulz, Lawrence Summers, Robert Vishny, Robert Waldmann, and an anonymous referee, and financial support from Russell Sage Foundation and Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. Thanks also to Greg Brauer, Nai-Fu Chen, Thomas Herzfeld, and Jay Ritter for providing data, and Sheldon Gao and Erik Herzfeld for research assistance.
Investor Sentiment and the Closed-End Fund Puzzle
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1991 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 46, Issue 1, pages 75–109, March 1991
How to Cite
LEE, C. M. C., SHLEIFER, A. and THALER, R. H. (1991), Investor Sentiment and the Closed-End Fund Puzzle. The Journal of Finance, 46: 75–109. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1991.tb03746.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!