Associate Professor of Finance, Duke University, Fuqua School of Business. I have benefitted from the comments and suggestions of Andrea Beltratti, Gene Fama, Wayne Ferson, Mike Hemler, Naoki Kishimoto, Robert Korajczyk, Tom Smith, an anonymous referee and seminar participants at Duke University, the Federal Reserve Bank at Cleveland, Helsinki School of Economics, MIT, Ohio State University, Princeton University, Queen's University, Washington University and conference participants at the American Finance Association meetings, the CRSP Fall Seminar and First International Conference of the Centre for Research in Finance—IMI Group. Arthur Evans provided valuable research assistance. I am especially indebted to René Stulz who provided many insights that greatly improve this paper.
The World Price of Covariance Risk
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1991 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 46, Issue 1, pages 111–157, March 1991
How to Cite
HARVEY, C. R. (1991), The World Price of Covariance Risk. The Journal of Finance, 46: 111–157. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1991.tb03747.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!