McQueen is with the Marriott School of Management, Institute of Business Management, Brigham Young University. Thorley is with the Department of Finance, Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Washington. We are grateful to Haim Levy, J. Michael Pinegar, V. Vance Roley, Andrew Siegel, Simon Wheatley, an anonymous referee, the editor (René Stulz), and seminar participants at the University of Washington and Brigham Young University.
Are Stock Returns Predictable? A Test Using Markov Chains
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1991 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 46, Issue 1, pages 239–263, March 1991
How to Cite
MCQUEEN, G. and THORLEY, S. (1991), Are Stock Returns Predictable? A Test Using Markov Chains. The Journal of Finance, 46: 239–263. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1991.tb03751.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!