Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University. I would like to thank Yakov Amihud, Michael Brennan, Stephen Brown, Linda Canina, Bob Cumby, Ned Elton, Bill Greene, Marty Gruber, Joel Hasbrouk, Josef Lakonishok, Avner Kalay, Bob Litzenberger, Andy Lo, Ron Masulis, Sy Smidt, Marti Subrahmanyam, Bruce Tuckman, and Theo Vermaelen for helpful discussions and comments. The paper also benefited from comments of the seminar participants at NYU, the 1989 Western Finance Association, the 1989 European Finance Association, and the 1990 American Finance Association meetings.
Ex-Dividend Day Stock Price Behavior: The Case of the 1986 Tax Reform Act*
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1991 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 845–859, July 1991
How to Cite
MICHAELY, R. (1991), Ex-Dividend Day Stock Price Behavior: The Case of the 1986 Tax Reform Act. The Journal of Finance, 46: 845–859. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1991.tb03768.x
This paper won the 1989 Trefftzs Award of the Western Finance Association.
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!