The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. Financial support from the National Science Foundation, grant #SES-8921059, and from the University of Pennsylvania Junior Faculty Research Fund is gratefully acknowledged.
The Crash of '87: Was It Expected? The Evidence from Options Markets
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1991 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 1009–1044, July 1991
How to Cite
BATES, D. S. (1991), The Crash of '87: Was It Expected? The Evidence from Options Markets. The Journal of Finance, 46: 1009–1044. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1991.tb03775.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!