The University of Michigan School of Business Administration, Ann Arbor. I wish to thank Artur Raviv for his guidance and assistance in writing this paper, I thank Laurie Bagwell, Elazar Berkovitch, Tom Brener, Susan Chaplinsky, Harry DeAngelo, Mike Fishman, Itzhak Gilboa, Jacob Glazer, Rob Heinkel, Morton Kamien, Marc Lipson, M. P. Narayanan, Greg Niehaus, Dan Siegel, Yossi Spiegel, René Stulz, and the referee for their helpful comments and suggestions. Of course, I bear full responsibility for any errors and misconceptions contained in this paper.
Capital Structure and the Market for Corporate Control: The Defensive Role of Debt Financing
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1991 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 46, Issue 4, pages 1391–1409, September 1991
How to Cite
ISRAEL, R. (1991), Capital Structure and the Market for Corporate Control: The Defensive Role of Debt Financing. The Journal of Finance, 46: 1391–1409. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1991.tb04622.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!