Assistant Professor of Finance, The University of Utah and Washington University in St. Louis. This project began while I was a graduate student at Yale University and I am greatly indebted to Joel Demski, Phil Dybvig, Bengt Holmström, and Steve Ross for their help and support. I also thank Jim Brickely, Avner Kalay, seminar participants at the University of Colorado, the University of Utah, Washington University in St. Louis, the 1990 Winter Meetings of the Econometric Society, and especially Dick Jefferis for valuable comments. René Stulz (the editor) and Artur Raviv (the referee) provided suggestions that have made the paper much more accessible. I am grateful for partial financial support from the Garn Institute of Finance.
Optimal Financial Instruments
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1991 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 46, Issue 5, pages 1645–1663, December 1991
How to Cite
ZENDER, J. F. (1991), Optimal Financial Instruments. The Journal of Finance, 46: 1645–1663. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1991.tb04638.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!