Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. The views expressed in this paper do not reflect the official position of the PBGC. We are indebted to Ken Lehn for sharing his data and counseling us throughout the project, John Thompson for helping us build the pension database, Pauline Ippolito, Alan Mathios, and Thomas Steinmeier for advising us on various econometric issues, Andrei Shleifer, Jack VanDerhei, colleagues at the PBGC, the referee, the editor, and participants at seminars at the SEC, Treasury, BLS, Cornell, Chicago, and the Miami University Conference on Contemporary Pension Economics for their many helpful suggestions.
LBOs, Reversions and Implicit Contracts
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1992 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 1, pages 139–167, March 1992
How to Cite
IPPOLITO, R. A. and JAMES, W. H. (1992), LBOs, Reversions and Implicit Contracts. The Journal of Finance, 47: 139–167. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb03981.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!