Cooperman is from the University of Baltimore, Lee is from Purdue University, and Wolfe is from the University of Toledo. We are particularly grateful to Warren Bailey, David Blackwell, Richard Brown, David Cather, Robert Cooperman, Mary Dehner, John Feid, Greg Filbeck, Everson Hull, Steve Isberg, Edward Kane, David Kidwell, Joseph McKenzie, Greg Neuhaus, Romelle Roeske, Steve Skomp, Lewis Spellman, James Sullivan, Ralph St. John, and Mark Wheeler for their help and suggestions. We also wish to thank participants in finance seminars at the University of Alabama, University of Baltimore, University of Cincinnati, University of Colorado, Denver, University of Georgia, Memphis State University, Purdue University, and the University of South Carolina. This research was supported by a grant from the Office of Thrift Supervision (formerly the FHLBB) and summer faculty research grants from the University of Baltimore and Bowling Green State University. The views of this paper are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Office of Thrift Supervision.
The 1985 Ohio Thrift Crisis, the FSLIC's Solvency, and Rate Contagion for Retail CDs
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1992 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 919–941, July 1992
How to Cite
COOPERMAN, E. S., LEE, W. B. and WOLFE, G. A. (1992), The 1985 Ohio Thrift Crisis, the FSLIC's Solvency, and Rate Contagion for Retail CDs. The Journal of Finance, 47: 919–941. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04000.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!