School of Business Administration, Georgetown University. This is a substantially revised version of our earlier paper, “Bond Prices as Unbiased Forecasts of Bankruptcy Settlements.” We would like to thank Reena Aggarwal, Ed Altaian, Bill Baber, Brian Betker, Lisa Fairchild, Jerome Fons, Stuart Gilson, Michael Jensen, Dana Johnson, Imre Karafiath, Alan Roshwalb, Lemma Senbet, Arthur Warga, Jerry Warner, and seminar participants at the 1992 meetings of the American Finance Association, American University, Georgetown University Workshop on Financial Distress and Bankruptcy, Lund University, University of Maryland, New York University Conference on Corporate Bankruptcy and Distressed Restructurings and the Stockholm School of Economics for many insightful comments. We would also like to thank Kenji Berliner, Peter Eldredge and, especially, Mario Mansilla for their excellent research assistance. We received funding from Georgetown University summer research grants. The Center for Business-Government Relations at Georgetown (directed by David Walker) also provided support.
Does the Bond Market Predict Bankruptcy Settlements?
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1992 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 943–980, July 1992
How to Cite
EBERHART, A. C. and SWEENEY, R. J. (1992), Does the Bond Market Predict Bankruptcy Settlements?. The Journal of Finance, 47: 943–980. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04001.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!