From the Faculty of Commerce, University of British Columbia, Vancouver. This research has benefited from the comments and suggestions of Lisa Meulbroek, Aileen Thompson, Clas Wihlborg and, especially, Vojislav Maksimovic and Joseph Williams. I am also grateful for comments made by the participants of the conference on “Financial Regulation and Monetary Arrangements after 1992” organized by the Centre for Financial Economics at the Gothenburgh School of Economics (Gothenburgh 1990), the conference on “Corporate Control and Corporate Restructuring” organized by the Centre for Economic Policy Research at the Stockholm School of Economics (Stockholm, 1991), and the 1991 meetings of the American Economic Association and the American Finance Association. Partial financial support from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada is also gratefully acknowledged.
Mergers and the Value of Antitrust Deterrence
Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
© 1992 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 1005–1029, July 1992
How to Cite
ECKBO, B. E. (1992), Mergers and the Value of Antitrust Deterrence. The Journal of Finance, 47: 1005–1029. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04003.x
- Issue online: 30 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!