Harvard Business School. I would like to thank Alfred Chandler, David Collis, Robert Eccles, William Fruhan, Ray Goldberg, ASG, Michael Jensen, William McGuire, Cynthia Montgomery, Richard Ruback, Steven Tolliday, and Karen Wruck for help and support on this project. I would also like to thank John Collins, Neil Gazel, Walter Lovejoy, and William Karnes for being generous with their time and insights about the company for which they worked for many years. I owe great debts to Paige Manning and especially Toby Stuart, who did much of the early research for this project. This research is supported by the Division of Research, Harvard Business School.
Beatrice: A Study in the Creation and Destruction of Value
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1992 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 1081–1119, July 1992
How to Cite
BAKER, G. P. (1992), Beatrice: A Study in the Creation and Destruction of Value. The Journal of Finance, 47: 1081–1119. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04006.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!