Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Washington D.C. I am grateful to seminar participants at the University of Pittsburgh and the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago Bank Structure Conference, and to Takeo Hoshi, Anil Kashyap, Steven Sharpe, and Paul Clyde for helpful comments. Kelli Mock provided excellent research assistance. The Japanese data used in this study are from the NEEDS database obtained from The Japan Economic Journal (Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Inc.). The views expressed herein are those of author and not necessarily those of the Federal Reserve System.
The Structure of Corporate Ownership in Japan
Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
1992 The American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 1121–1140, July 1992
How to Cite
PROWSE, S. D. (1992), The Structure of Corporate Ownership in Japan. The Journal of Finance, 47: 1121–1140. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6261.1992.tb04007.x
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!